PPRC Rapid Response Service
PPRC provides free research to specific questions about pollution prevention (P2), to inform decision making and reduce human health and environmental impacts.
Collectively, PPRC staff has diverse expertise in manufacturing processes, chemical engineering, safer chemical alternatives, and other fields, plus access to a national network of P2 expertise.
E-mail us your Rapid Response Question.
Rapid Response Topics
EPA Safer Choice Product Certification Process
Ultrasonic Parts Cleaning in Auto Repair
- Is ultrasonic cleaning effective and affordable for auto parts? See these Oregon auto shop success stories.
Safer COVD-19 Disinfectants
- Which COVID-19 disinfectants are less toxic? Where can small businesses and consumers purchase them? [English] [español]
Safer Paint and Coating Strippers & Removers
Remote or “Virtual” P2 Assessments
With the onset of COVID-19, many technical assistance providers have developed strategies to effectively conduct virtual assessments and offer technical assistance. See tips and resources from PPRC, Massachusetts OTA, and others presented in this webinar and tip sheet (Pending).
PPRC’s Current Projects and Program Areas
Fats, Oil, and Grease (FOG) Management/Abatement
P2 Case Studies in Metal Fab/Metal Finishing
Got Mercury? (Checklists)
- Hospitals: About 20 years ago, there were successful campaigns to reduce mercury at healthcare facilities, including some medical equipment and supplies. Are there many sources of mercury remaining in 2021 in hospitals/healthcare? See this checklist, initially developed for Oregon hospitals, but is useful for any hospital.
- Schools mercury checklist
- Laboratories mercury checklist
Green Cleaning for Small Business and Homes
Rapid Responses Pre-2015