Oregon Metals Industry Roundtable
The Oregon DEQ and PPRC Present the Oregon Metals Industry Roundtables
Our next Roundtable Event is June 29, 2022, 10am to 11:30am.
Topic: Tools & Resources to Reduce Toxics
Chemical evaluation and inventory tools
Free technical assistance resources
… And more!
Speakers and details to be added soon.
Previous Roundtable topics and recordings are linked below.
Contact Brittney Wendell email@example.com to be added to announcements for future Roundtables.
Roundtable Dates and Topics
|5/12/2021||Safer Alternatives to Vapor Degreasing. Presenter: Katy Wolf, Ph.D|
Industry Presentation: Process Reduction of Zinc Reduces Stormwater Loading. Presenter: Scott Stewart, Blount International (Starts at 43:00 minutes)
|9/22/2021||Getting the Most from your Toxic Use and Hazardous Waste Reduction (TUHWR) Plan. Presenter: Alex Bertolucci, Oregon DEQ (Review of plan basics and benefits of updating. Interactive worksheets and examples provided).|
Industry Presentation: Boeing Portland Toxic Use Reduction and Hazardous Waste Journey. Presenter: John Rusoff, Boeing Portland.
|2/23/2022||Building Your Toxics Reduction Team, Part 1: Presentation Deck | Session Recording|
· Marie Hagenlock, Gerber Gear (starts 11:33)
· Maia Halverson, Green Drop Garage (starts 26:30)
· Lisa Cox, Oregon DEQ (starts 38:45)
· Ulises Piccini, TE Connectivity (starts 49:15)
|5/5/2022||Building Your Toxcs Reduction Team, Part 2: Presentation Deck|
Speakers and participants discussed the advantages and challenges vendors can pose in efforts to reduce workplace toxics.
Katy Wolf, PhD
Amy Wentworth, Director of EHS, Pacific Seafood
Jill Tepe, PPRC Board of Directors
|6/29/2022||Tools & Resources to Reduce Toxics|
|8/24/2022||Putting Pollution Prevention Into Action|
Pollution Prevention Literature and Resources for Metal Industries
- Alternatives to n-Propyl Bromide in Cleaning Applications (Wolf, 2021)
- Metals Industry P2 Case Study Database: Summaries, Results, and Links
- Alternative Compliance Strategies for Open Top Vapor Degreasers under a Prohibition of Trichloroethylene (Wolf, 2016. Institute of Research & Technical Assistance, for Abt Associates)
- Rinsing Manual: Your Guide to Cleaner Parts with Less Water & Waste (Surface Technology Environmental Resource Center, STERC)
- P2 Research and Implementation for Michigan Metal Finishers (Webinar Slides, STERC, EPA, 5/27/20)
- Safer Alternatives to Vapor Degreasing (Webinar Slides, Wolf, 12/15/20).
- Advancing Green Chemistry in Metal Finishing Operations (Webinar Slides, Rodas, City of Los Angeles Source Reduction Program, 12/15/20)
- How Well do Less Toxic Chemical Strippers Perform on Automotive Coatings? (Actual Tests Conducted with Non-Methylene and Non-NMP Paint Strippers)