Join Us to Green NW Breweries: Workshop Events September 8 & 28August 23, 2016
If you’re looking for ways to lessen your environmental footprint while improving your bottom line, join us for one of our three upcoming Sustainable Craft Brewery events. The goal of these events is to connect breweries with cost-effective resources and solutions to energy, water, and waste issues.
September 8, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m – Sustainable Craft Brewery Workshop @ Worthy Brewing in Bend, OR
What can breweries do to manage wastewater and energy in cost-effective ways? Presenters include:
- City of Bend – On wastewater, industrial pretreatment and how to work with regulations and regulators.
- Energy Trust of Oregon – On how incentives & energy audits can save significant energy costs.
- PPRC – On proven cost-saving sustainability measures.
- Worthy Brewing – On innovative sustainability efforts.
September 9, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Source to Brewer to Sewer Tour, starts @Worthy Brewing in Bend, OR
Get a watershed level view of brewing! This unique tour lets you follow the water cycle from source to brewery to sewer and beyond! The tour includes a tour of City of Bend’s surface water intake on Bridge Creek near Tumalo Falls, the new City of Bend Water Filtration Facility, three local breweries, & a city Reclamation Facility. *Transportation and lunch are provided. Meet at Worthy Brewing at 7:45am. Space is limited! For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will detail a number of cost-effective solutions to managing energy, water, and waste.
- Puget Sound Energy – On energy efficiency & cost saving opportunities.
- Washington Department of Ecology – On free, non-regulatory technical
assistance programs, focusing on energy, water, & toxics reduction.
- Sustainable Connections – On sustainability reporting, B Corp certification,
& exemplary local programs: alternative transport, energy use, thinking local, &
moving towards zero waste.
- City of Bend – On building collaborative relationships with brewers for best practices in wastewater management.
- PPRC – On successes at small to medium-size craft brewers in the NW and
beyond, saving money while reducing water, energy, wastewater, and waste.