GiveBIG, Tuesday May 5, is Your Best Chance to Give to PPRCMay 1, 2015
Dear friend of PPRC,
Tuesday, May 5, is GiveBIG day, a big day for giving in the Seattle area. You should give to PPRC !
Why Give to PPRC?
We rely on individual donations to carry out our work. And a gift to PPRC goes a long way. Because preventing pollution is more cost-effective than cleaning up messes after the fact, you can be part of our upstream efforts. Your donation will have downstream ripple effects – improving environmental and economic performance.
If you’re looking for additional reasons to donate to PPRC, here are some highlights from the past year. Imagine what we could do with more resources !
- Spray Paint Efficiency trainings offered by PPRC saved businesses about 18,460 pounds of air emissions and $1,107,600 in material and labor costs.
- Our Oregon Ecological Business (EcoBiz) program grew to include over 103 environmentally conscious businesses, and counting! EcoBiz certifies automotive and landscaping businesses that meet high standards to reduce toxics, prevent pollution, and protect the environment.
- PPRC partnered with City of Bellevue on the Solarize Bellevue community solar program. The program far exceeded goals and developed 50 contracts with residents for the installation of 183.16 kW.
- We added three new metro areas to our national Greening Sports Directory. Unlike any other sports resource available, this public directory connects sports facilities directly to the people and organizations that can help green any organization – from energy efficiency to waste to water conservation.
Your donation will have results – cleaner air, water, land, and overall economies.
If you’re still unsure about donating to PPRC, we have one last pitch to sweeten the deal. During GiveBIG, we’ll be giving away three Seattle-based prizes to random donors throughout the day (10am, 2pm, and 5pm). These prizes include:
- A gift card to Dahlia Bakery (or any other Tom Douglas establishment), our delightful neighbors on 4th Avenue.
- In honor of our work with breweries, a gift card to city brew kings Elysian Brewery, which has taps and taps of tasty and seasonal brews, as well as convenient locations in Capitol Hill, Tangletown, and Pioneer Square.
- The GRAND PRIZE: In honor of our greening sports resources, a pair of tickets to a July 11 baseball game to see the Mariners vs. the Anaheim Angels at Safeco Field.
The Seattle Foundation will also be generously gifting prizes to donors, including a “Golden Ticket”, which will boost random donations by an additional $1,000.
How to Give
Any time during the 24 hours of May 5, visit our donation page. Click the “Donate Now” button.
Basically, you can’t lose. So GiveBIG on Tuesday, May 5. We are grateful for all donations that we receive.