Green Chemistry Roundtable 2011
THE PATH AHEAD:
Creating a Green Chemistry Roadmap for Washington State
May 25 – 26, 2011 | Renton, WA
Green Chemistry is a revolutionary approach to the way products are made. It aims to use safer chemicals and develop processes that are environmentally benign, economical, and function the same as or better than their toxic alternatives.
The workshop brought together leaders from business, academia, nonprofits, and government to help craft and shape a strategic vision for advancing green chemistry in Washington state.
The workshop examined topics relating to:
- Green chemistry education
- Tools and information currently being used to design safer products and processes
- Incentives in the supply chain
- Economic development opportunities
- The harmonization of policy and regulatory frameworks
- Emerging technologies and next steps