EcoBiz Certification Program
PPRC provides on-the-ground technical assistance for the Oregon EcoBiz program. EcoBiz is a business certification program that recognizes businesses for adopting exceptional environmental business practices. Currently EcoBiz certifications are available for two sectors: automotive services and landscaping. The program was developed by Portland’s Pollution Prevention team in 1996. Currently more than 100 auto body shops and 13 landscaping businesses are certified.
Certified shops receive publicity through printed advertising and other media coverage. EcoBiz certification allows a business to market its sustainable practices to its clientele. Since many Oregon consumers are going “green”, certification helps businesses attract new clients.
EcoBiz certification for auto body shops not only promotes many multi-media ecological business practices, it helps body shops go above and beyond compliance with the new EPA air toxics rule and often saves them money on top of that!
Contact Eco-Biz Associate Mitchell Frister: email@example.com or 503-348-6219.
Latest Eco-Biz News
- Case Study: Pacific Landscape Management saves clients big money with irrigation smart controllers
- Watch the speech that Jim Hauser of Portland, Oregon’s Hawthorne Automotive Clinic gave at the Oregon League of Conservation Voters’ press conference to help reinforce the need for funding of Oregon Department of Environmental Quality’s small business projects like EcoBiz and STAR training.
- Down To Earth Irrigation was awarded Ecobiz Landscape certification and helps customers reduce water usage by up to 30 percent. Read the full press release.
- Kadel’s Nu Way Auto Body certifies it’s 12th shop and final shop. Read the press release here.
- Kaady Car Wash is the first car wash to receive certification in the EcoBiz program and received certification for all 12 Oregon locations. Read the press release here.
- Beaverton School District transportation shop and support center received certification as the first multi-media operation. Read about it on page two of the district newsletter.
- Everett Street Autoworks of Portland is the most recent automotive business to be certified and they go well above and beyond the requirements of the program.
- Kadel’s Nu Way Auto Body of Oregon certified their Hillsboro location in February 2010. This is their 10th and final location to be certified. Read the full press release here.
- Washington County (OR) Fleet Services earns EcoBiz certification for the 500+ vehicles and equipment in their department. Read the full press release here.